Editor's Note: This post was originally published on December 21, 2017, and updated for accuracy and comprehensiveness.
Field service organizations are under pressure to deliver exceptional service. As it’s a lot of work to keep up with customer expectations, regulations, and more, it’s vital to stay ahead of the curve. As a result, many companies use subcontractors to complete daily tasks and exceed customer expectations.
When field service organizations outsource work, they struggle with different challenges:
- How do you know subcontractors are following the correct safety procedures?
- Are subcontractors aware of the rules and regulations in different regions?
- Do subcontractors follow your guidelines for delivering exceptional customer service?
- Can subcontractors collect and register the specific information needed to optimize and improve services?
To stay in control, field service organizations must be proactive throughout the service process, no matter who’s doing the work.
Give Employees and Subcontractors the Same Tools
Outsourcing work doesn’t mean you outsource the management of the work. Instead, it is best to manage and measure subcontractor performance. In addition, you need visibility in-house and outsourced field resources to maintain service quality.
In-house technicians offer more control and flexibility. On the other hand, outsourcing helps when your internal workforce needs more capacity and skills without recruiting full-time employees.
- Whether technicians are employees, subcontractors, or both, your mobile workforce management software should allow you to schedule easily, optimize, and manage the total workforce.
- Giving subcontractors the same tools, rules, and training that in-house workers receive helps ensure customer satisfaction, regardless of who performs the work.
Equip your Organization with Mobile Field Service Software
Tried-and-true ways to successfully work with a “hybrid” field service team include the following:
- Create a standard process for the service execution. Offer the team clear guidelines for completing tasks. This way, everyone knows what to expect and can deliver the best customer service. With the correct solution, you’re flexible enough to follow the standard workflow and give subcontractors the freedom to make changes. Hence, the workflow works for all employees.
- Data is accessible across the organization. Provide your entire workforce with the ability to capture and transfer information seamlessly. You are allowing for real-time decision-making and faster resolution of issues. But is your solution able to share pertinent information with your subcontractor without sharing too much? You need a solution that not only captures and shares necessary data but one that can also protect sensitive, company-specific data.
- Plan for future demand. Anticipate future needs and plan your resource response to ensure the appropriate staff is available. Forecasting future demand also gives your subcontractors the freedom to plan, schedule, and dispatch orders optimized for their organization.
Here at Gomocha, we understand the inherent challenges of integrating subcontractors into your organization to ensure a “good fit” for everyone. So contact us today to see how we can help get your hybrid field service crew up and running quickly with our ‘zero-coding’ approach. We’re experts at enabling service organizations to collect performance data, analyze it and act on it—Call 240-403-6001 or email email@example.com to schedule a “test drive” of FMP360. We’ll even customize it for your specific environment!