From the designers and developers of our FMP360, the whitepaper is as educational as it is inspirational. It addresses five major areas that decision-makers should consider as they review solutions and solution providers on their journey to a fully optimized field service operation.
- Adaptability. Is the platform easily configurable, and can it be used on multiple devices?
- Internet of Things (IoT) and big data for decisions. Does the platform give real-time insight into the current status of the serviced product?
- “Vision” as the new interface and “wearable internet.” Will the platform adapt to innovative new technologies, such as “augmented reality?
- Generation gap. Does the platform allow knowledge sharing between field workers of widely varying ages, by facilitating remote support?
- Servitization. Does the platform allow sharing of insights about customer processes (e.g., reporting on how customer’s equipment and systems are running)?
“It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is most adaptable to change.”
When Charles Darwin wrote those words in 1859, he recognized that the world around us is continuously changing. Today, we all recognize that truth. Most of us also recognize that organizations must outpace the rate of change – or at least keep up with it – to survive. Ensure that you select a field mobility platform that is future-proof.